So I checked my mail and there was a big curled up package in there. I took it out and noticed a lot of hong kong stamps and markings. Who do I know in Hong Kong? I thought about it, were my parents there? no, they were in NJ....are any of my friends studying abroad there? no I dont think so. Well maybe the package was just in the wrong mail box. So I checked the address. To my surprise it was in fact correctly addressed to me.
On the way up to my apt I inspected the packaging. lots of Par Avion stickers as well as a customs note, I guess this package had to be declared at customs. So basically now I'm super excited to see what this is.
I open it up and find cool fingerless gloves with the option to convert it to a mitten. Just what I had been looking for! so I put them on and notice wires hanging from them. EVEN BETTER! basically anything with wires you know is going to be awesome. So i look inside the package to see if i missed anything and i find 2 more sets of wires. one for each hand. One end mates with the gloves and the other end is a USB attachment.
I should note at this point that there is not a single piece of paper in this package telling me what it is, how to use it, or who it came from. But does that deter me from using them? no. For all i know they are exploding gloves and I'm about to have stumps for hands....but i plug them in and turn them on anyway. Within seconds my hands warm up.
It turns out they are warming gloves from my Sister Julie since she knows I'm always cold. So right now I'm typing this blog with warm toasty hands :) Thanks Julie!
update...someone walked by and saw the gloves and submitted a help request for me to get the heater in my office fixed! yay!
Friday, December 29, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment